Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I've taken for granted the ability to breathe out of my nose. I am currently suffering through a cold, the first of year, second of season. It doesn't put me out of social or work circles but enough to make things worse for simple activities. Eating or drinking anything has that slight taste of nothing in each bite or sip. Trying to breath is like having my nose shut in water. Hearing will come in and out as the wax likes to slip in the ear canal and stick when I try to dig it out. My sight is fine though as well as touch so I think I'll stop the complaining at that.

I left my notepad of rough draft musings of my latest short story at work. It's been frustrating as trying to get this story fleshed out by the first is looking like an impossible task. I haven't been reading, writing and completely out of my element for a good year a half. My choice to go back to school was, I admit, slightly rash but a courageous step forward for my career path.

In a way I feel like I'm trying to create a story that's too smart for myself. In my head I think of all of these great scenes but when I put them on paper, it seems to fall flat. Looking on it and just saying...man, how pathetic is this scene or this piece of dialogue - detail. Whatever.

One of the biggest problems that I have is that I had this post in my head that I wanted to do and now I've forgotten all about it. Mind you that this paragraph comes after a 15 minute mind detour. I watched this and it has inspired me a little bit. I really need to cut back on somethings if I am going to focus. On getting this done.

I'm surrounded by crumpled, wet kleenexes (yes, I went upstairs and grabbed a box)
But am I a Plugger if I prefer toilet paper?
By the way, I am a gulag orkestar.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home